Wednesday, February 22, 2012
SCANNING FOR RIGHT-BRAINED
Creative, disorganized, right-brained clients love Scansnap!
(article written for Fujitsu)
As a CPO (Certified Professional Organizer), I've discovered a surprising pattern among my clutter-prone, disorganized clients; they love creating file systems! They tend to be right-brained and creative, which promotes the desire for an attractive file system. The problem comes after the system is implemented; they don't use it.
My clients stare every day at examples of their personal and professional failures; files and systems created and never used. They call me when they are at their wits end. They call when the guilt becomes too much to deal with. They call when they are in danger of losing their job. I love receiving their calls because I know I can introduce solutions that work. Scansnap has become this organizers favorite solution. It brings me great satisfaction to see my clients feeling successful, guilt-free and working efficiently. It's like ...
Monday, January 9, 2012
TIPS FOR CLUTTER FREE OFFICE
10 Organizing Tips for a Clutter-free Office
1. Decide what part of the day is your most productive. Reserve that time for you. Use it for the tasks that require the most detail.
2. Save the simplest tasks for the end of your day. You're more apt to finish simple tasks than difficult ones at that point.
3. Use a stacker file on or near your desk. Use only the ones that allow you to label each section. This is an easy place to keep things that need to be dealt with today or those things that are urgent. It keeps your desk from becoming a pile of piles. Use your "15 minute end-of-day” time to clear out.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
WINTER TIPS FOR THE OFFICE
WINTER TIPS FOR THE OFFICE
1. Holiday Scents and Flavors – just like your home, your office can promote more favorable image during the winter months. All you need is a wonderful scent to greet your clients. Try using the Russian Tea idea from the "Home Tips”. If you don't have a kitchen, bring a crock pot to keep the tea hot. Also, have a nice plate of cookies out for clients as they walk in. A candy dish filled with red/green wrapped candy is a great welcome also.
2. Change of music - Remember to change to festive music for the holidays. Data suggests that employees work more effectively, stay calmer and happier when they hear background music that brings back childhood memories of Holiday celebrations.
3. New Year plans - Everyone needs help re-focusing when they return to work after the Holidays. Pass out new calendars ...
Thursday, September 15, 2011
FALL TIPS FOR THE OFFICE
Fall Tips for the Office
1. Drop the Ball! – Choose not to "juggle” so many jobs each day. Look at your schedule. Is there anything on your "to-do” list that can be accomplished by your assistant or another person in the office? Drop that Ball! Let another person, who isn't juggling, accomplish those things that you are tired of juggling.
2. Make a daily appointment with yourself! – Block out a 15-minute chunk of time on your schedule for personal time. (Be brave and set one in the morning and one in the afternoon!) Use these minutes for you. If you need to close your eyes and rest, do it! No guilt. If you want to read e-mails, read away! No guilt. If you want to call your spouse or children and share some moments, do it! No guilt. Setting appointments with yourself gives you the ...
Monday, April 4, 2011
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Review
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 provides
super fast and easy document scanning with "one-touch" operation. The
scanner itself is sleek and compact, taking up very little physical space.
Considering its benefits and reliable performance, the Fujitsu ScanSnap is an
affordable device for any office.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Does your workspace promote productivity?
by Tracy Axcell
"What can I do to work more efficiently in my office?”
This is the No. 1 question in the minds of many home-based
business owners. Although many people struggle with creating an office
atmosphere that promotes productivity, doing so doesn't have to be difficult. Use
the following simple steps to create the stress-free home office you desire.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I wrote the following article for Fujitsu ScanSnap recently about the 3 things that steal your productivity in your office. I hope you'll find some tips or ideas to spur you on to a more productive office environment.
As a Certified Professional Organizer (CPO) I consistently see the same three productivity issues in offices: paper, clutter and time. By implementing some simple changes, you will be able to enjoy a more organized, productive home office.